Frequently Asked Questions - Northeast Watershed Assessment Tool
Below is a definition for each tool within the NEWT application.
- Use the pan and/or navigation buttons to find the desired location on the map
- Select the “Identify with tools” button, then use the “Select” tool
- Click a location on the desired stream or lake. The upstream watershed area will now be displayed with a red outline and crosshatched interior.
- The NEWT tool box will now display the selected watershed results, click result to zoom to the selected watershed.
- By default, the “Report Title” on the NEWT tool box will be filled in. This can be changed if desired. The report can now be exported in either PDF or CSV format.
- Select the “Enter Values Manually” tool
- Enter the UTM coordinates for one or more points in the format of Easting, Northing (eg. 516410, 6630377)
- Select submit
- The watershed area(s) will now be displayed with a red outline and cross hatched interior.
- The NEWT box will now display the watershed results. If you entered multiple points there will be multiple watershed results listed. Click on a watershed to zoom to zoom to it.
- By default, the “Report Title” will be filled in on the NEWT tool box. This can be changed if desired. The report can now be exported in either PDF or CSV format.